OLM.net Forums

Go Back   OLM.net Forums > Sphera servers and customers > Sphera Shared Hosting

Sphera Shared Hosting For discussion and questions related to our Sphera Shared Hosting systems and plans.

Old 11-28-2006, 05:53 PM

Default problem with Plus 37 again can't send email no disk space?

Come on guys three phone calls today to get to support and talked to John who fixed this eariler now it's happening again!!!

Can not send email because of this error.

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was mark@becamation.com. Subject 'Re: Wish we could use this - Problem', Account: '3DCommune', Server: 'becamation.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '452 4.4.5 Insufficient disk space; try again later', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 452, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP.

Mark
Old 11-29-2006, 02:55 PM

well, so it was down the whole night, since yesterday evening?
A client alerted me today morning, that his php scripts are not running, because /tmp space was required for sessions.
Amazingly, that this disk space problems on their mail and tmp partitions are still happening. Are they running their hard disks at such limits???
I've submitted a ticket today morning, it's still 'in progress' but the problems seems to be fixed now !?
Old 11-29-2006, 02:57 PM

well, and of course I could not even send email to my client, because the servers partition was out of disk space.
The emails were bouncing. So client's lost emails, when it was out of space for such a long time ....
Old 11-29-2006, 05:04 PM
OLM.net Staff

We are sorry for this re ocurring problem and are working on addressing it. The hard disks are not running at their limits as you suggested. The problem is the /var partition which holds the /tmp directory. The partition was close to capacity due to the high volume of incoming mail we have been experiencing.

Any sender who received a bouced back message should get the message delivered eventually. The majority of mail servers will attempt to send returned mail up to four days.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:33 PM

well, when it's close to capacity. Then it's running at it's limits. no ?

Why do you not increase the size of the partition, to make it large enough not reaching it's capacity. Even in peak times of mail volume. Or get alerted when the free space falls below a certain treshold.
In this case, you obviously have been waiting for customer alerts !?
Am I wrong?
In my car, I'm alerted when gas is running low, so I kow I can only get xx miles from here, and need to act asap.
I really don't know what makes this difficult, preventing from happening.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:39 PM

Angry

I have experienced this same problem on soundsplinter.com - and the problem was fixed the first time. Then it happened again a few weeks ago, and I decided that instead of waiting for tech support to answer my ticket or take me off hold on the phone, I would just delete some uneeded image files that were taking up space in my htdocs directory.

Well now it's two weeks later, and I am again receiving the disk quota error message - and I KNOW I have not added back as much data as I deleted to get it working two weeks ago. This IS ridiculous!.. especially since I am at your mercy to fix the problem (which you obviously haven't) and you are slow even to implement a temporary fix by removing whatever temp file is unecessarily growing out of control on the server.

For cryin' out loud!

Quote:
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Re: Rl-i 8s', Account: '****@soundsplinter.com', Server: 'soundsplinter.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 4.0.0 collect: Cannot write ./dfl2KIZw722227 (fflush||ferror, uid=0): Disk quota exceeded', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451, Error Number: 0x800CCC6A
Old 12-27-2009, 05:49 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Weekcrorappek
Default problem with Plus 37 again cant send email no disk space

yes.. i use yahoo or outlook client here from home.. both has an error..i did not enable catch all. i do not that.. the problem is with the master mailbox. i cant send mail to it.. but i can use its webmail account to send to other people.